Wilson's Top 6 Beauty Tips
I truly believe beauty starts on the inside! That’s why it is so important to eat well, stay hydrated and move! Luckily as women, we have some help to give us that extra glow as well. Today I’m talking all things beauty from my favorite tips for eating lean clean and green, to some of my fave beauty products!
1. Skip the Coffee, Go Green
I start every day with hot water with lemon, followed by a green smoothie. I cut out coffee a long time ago, not only because of the drain it was on my energy but also the havoc it was wreaking on my skin! Caffeine = dehydrated skin and no one wants that! To have glowy, beautiful skin from the inside out I suggest drinking about 70 oz of water a day depending on your weight. In addition to that I have a green smoothie almost every morning (it's so convenient too!) See my green smoothie recipe below:
· 1/3 cup mashed or canned sweet potato
· 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
· ½ cup kale
· ½ cucumber peeled and sliced
· 1 scoop of vegan protein powder
· 2 cups of almond milk
· dash of stevia and cinnamon
· BLEND ALL INGREDIENTS ON HIGH AND ENJOY!
2. Clean Eating
Trying to eat lean, clean, and green 80% of the time is really important to me because it gives me so much energy and gets rid of all of the toxins that we accumulate on a daily basis. For lunch I like a big salad with lots of greens, hearts of palm, a whole avocado and whatever is fresh that day with a big bowl of soup! Dinner is really different every night because I love to cook and tend to go out a lot on weekends, but I always make sure to incorporate a big salad before dinner and will usually have a piece of fish or gluten free pasta!
and then for additional skin repair, nail and hair growth I switch off between these Hum vitamins
3. Face Mask
Sometimes you really just need a good face mask for that added beauty boost! I love switching off between all of the Peter Thomas Roth masks
4. Hair Care
Hair care is also super important and a vital part of any beauty regiment! As many of you know, I love the Virtue Lab shampoo and conditioners (I mention them on the stories a lot!), I use them when I wash twice per week. I feel like if I wash more than that my hair gets super damaged from the heat!
I also love this Shu Uemura hair mask for recovery, I try to do this every Sunday!
5. Skin Care
To me taking good care of my skin is what I'm most diligent about in my beauty routine. I know it's silly, but my mom always told me no matter what to wash my face every morning and every night. Let me tell you what, she's 55 and looks 35! She's doing something right! So I definitely listen to her on that one and make sure to cleanse every morning and exfoliate every night. I tend to switch up my skin care products a lot. I love Barbara Sturm, Dr. Lancer, and my current obsession is Drunk Elephant. All of the products are perfect for women in their 20s and free of parabens and sulfates! Plus they're labeled for what time of day you're supposed to use them - so added bonus!
6. Make Up Musts
Finally, a little make up never hurt no body! Personally, I get my lashes done every three weeks and had my eyebrows microbladed to cut down on my mirror time in the morning, both of which I highly recommend. For a quick, easy and flawless face here are some of the products I love
- I start by applying Huda Beauty Faux Filter all over my face. Note - a little goes a long way with this full coverage foundation!
- Then I conceal my under eyes and add concealer as a shadow base to my lids with Nars Matte Complete Concealer in Honey
- I set those two products with Laura Mercier translucent loose powder
- I fill in my brows with Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in taupe
- Then I contour with Nars Laguna bronzing powder, they also have a great brush!
- I go over the contour with the Too Faced Sun Bunny bronzer with a fluffy brush
- I add Nars Orgasm to my cheeks! I use the stick because it’s a highlighter and blush all in one!
- I finish my look with lower lash mascara. I've been doing this since I was in high school and I don’t feel done without it. I love MAC waterproof mascara, it’s the only one I've found that doesn’t leak under my eyes